Friday, December 3, 2010

Vegas Baby!

A few weeks ago, James had a work conference to attend in Vegas. As soon as I heard where he was going I thought this would be a great one for me to tag along! We booked our flights and were ready for fun! Granny/Paw Paw & Grandma/Grandpa kept Claire for us over the long weekend. Claire even went to Charleston to Aunt Debbie's while we were away. They celebrated Abigayle's 7th birthday and were all spoiled rotten. The girls went to see Disney Princess' on Ice for their birthdays. Grandma, Aunt Debbie, Abigayle & Claire went to the show and LOVED it. Claire has been talking about princesses ever since.

Meanwhile, we were in Vegas doing a little gambling, relaxing by the awesome Caesar's Palace pool, and seeing some pretty entertaining shows. Cirque de soleil was by far the best one! We saw the "O" show which was in water and were amazed. Jersey Boys was another night, and I think not too painful for James' first musical. The restaurants were all wonderful. We ate at Mesa (Bobby Flay's restaurant), this amazing chocolate restaurant, and at the top of the Eifel Tower. My favorite part may have been the fountain in front of the Bellagio. It was gorgeous and I loved watching the spraying water in sync with the music. I don't know when or if we'll ever make it back, but I'm glad we got to go once.

Princess Abigayle is 7!

Claire and Walter wait for Abby to get home from school to yell "Surprise"!

Happy Birthday to Abigayle!

Abby is the best.
Aunt Debbie & Claire waiting for Disney's Princess on Ice to get started. Unfortunately, we don't have any good pics of the skaters....but I heard they were great!
We make it to Caesar's Palace...the center of the action.
The city that never sleeps.

While James was in meetings all day (poor guy), I spent most of my time right here.

The pool was gorgeous!

No comments: