Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Little Sewing

I recently decided it was time to learn how to sew so that I can make cute little outfits for Claire without spending a fortune. While it appears I may not be saving much, the joy I get out of the completed outfit is worth it. I took a class at The Smocking Bird in Homewood last November and it's been a fun new hobby of mine since. I've made a few baby clothes for friends as well. Here are a few pictures of the things I've made....I still have a ways to go and they are by no means perfect, but i'm pleased. And thanks to Grandma for helping me figure out these confusing patterns from 400 miles away on the phone! Next on my list is an embroidery machine....I just have to get James on board with that one!
"Lucy" dress for Claire
3 Month Bubble for Eden
Newborn Bubble for Ella

Most recent Capri outfit for ClairePolly the duck wanted to be in the picture too!

1 comment:

The Paganellis said...

Wow! I'm impressed! Your stuff looks great. Wish I could learn