Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Claire's new shoes

Claire was so excited this afternoon to get a package in the mail from Grandma. She eagerly tried to open it herself and then realized she needed help. When we finally ripped our way inside, she found a new pair of white sandals and a swimsuit. Claire LOVES shoes and she got so excited when she saw them. She had to put them on immediately and walk around. Then it was like pulling teeth to get them off for bath time, but I promised her we could put them back on after bath. She wore them all evening with her nightgown and then tried to wear them to bed, but I was able to get them off while reading. Thanks Grandma....we love them!

So, I have a funny story about Claire's pretty white nightgown she's wearing in the picture with her sandals. A few months ago I wanted to get Claire a white monogrammed dress to wear for her 18 month pictures. I had a gift card to a shop in Birmingham and thought that would be the perfect place to find what I was looking for. I found this cute white eyelet dress and decided to get her initials monogrammed at the top in light pink. I picked up the dress a week later and realized....it's not a dress....it's a gown - a NIGHTGOWN. So, needless to say Claire ended up wearing her nightgown for the pictures and has very fancy pj's for the summer! Oh well, she loves it and it looks so comfortable.

We are excited about celebrating Independence Day this weekend with our family. We'll enjoy lots of boat riding and barbeque at the river on Saturday and might go to the waterpark or pool Friday. Claire made some red, white & blue streamers at school today for us to celebrate with! Happy 4th!

Mom....help!

Claire modeling her new shoes.....a perfect fit!
Claire tried to wear Daddy's shoes with her pretty dress to church.
I don't think so silly girl!
She must have thought it was fun to stick her tongue out this day....
thank goodness that has stopped.
Play time after bath time.

1 comment:

The Hill Family said...

I love the night gown story! That sounds like something I would do!!!